If you have created more Tumblr blogs under one account, you might easily come across a situation where you will have to move your blog to some other account.
This might be transferring the blog to someone else’s account or your own another Tumblr account.
Moving your Tumblr blog from one account to another is really easy. Follow the steps below with complete screenshots to change the main account for your Tumblr blog.
Please note we can only move Secondary blogs to a different account. You can learn about Primary vs. Secondary blog features in this official Tumblr guide.
In this tutorial, I will show you the complete steps for changing the account for your Tumblr blog. I will first create a Tumblr blog on my old account and show you how to change it to my other new account.
Creating a Secondary blog on Tumblr
1. Creating a new blog on a Tumblr account is simple. From your Account icon on top right, click on +New.
2. Fill in the title and URL of your blog and click Create blog.
3. We have now created a new Tumblr blog for SocialShire!
Now, I have a new Tumblr blog that needs moving to another account. (Of course, I created the new blog here on purpose just to show the steps in this tutorial.)
Follow along to change the main account or move to a new account for this Tumblr blog.
Change Account for Tumblr Blog
1. Go to Members sections from the right side menu of your blog.
2. Enter the email address of your new Tumblr account and send an invite to join your blog.
3. Tumblr will now send a link to the new email to join the blog under new Tumblr account.
You can also copy the link yourself and open it in another window. (Remember to sign out of the current Tumblr).
4. Sign out of current Tumblr and sign into your new account.
5. The blog will be added to your new account, and you should now see your new account under members of the blog.
6. Sign in back to your old account and you can promote the new account as Admin.
You will get a notification saying you cannot undo this step. Proceed only if you want to do this.
7. Finally, you can choose to remove yourself from the old account if you only want the new account to have access.
You will get a warning to confirm that you want to leave the blog.
8. Sign in back to your new account and you should see you only have the access to the new blog.
If you had created posts under your previous account, all of them would remain on your Tumblr blog.
I hope the tutorial was helpful to you in changing the account of your Tumblr blog. Let me know if you have any questions below.